Years ago, our team helped buyers using every kind of zero down mortgage and down payment assistance programs in Colorado that was available. Over the last several years, the mortgage industry has done away with many of these programs, but contrary to many misconceptions, there are still several programs available to help you buy a home for less than $1,000 down.
We help clients with these programs every month, and we stay up to date on which county, state and federal agencies are offering assistance. These programs can allow many people the opportunity to buy a home that they otherwise could not purchase.
Currently, the following counties are offering Down Payment Assistance in Colorado:
- Arapahoe County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Boulder County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Douglas County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Jefferson County Down Payment Assistance Program
In Addition, state-wide, the following programs are available:
- Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA) has a program we have used many times offering down payment assistance.
- You can buy any of the available Denver HUD Homes on the market using the HUD $100 Down Payment Program that is currently available.
Keep in mind, while many of these programs have income limitations, some do not. The HUD $100 Down Payment pogram, for example, only requires that you use an FHA mortgage to purchase a primary residence.
Our team can help you find the right program for your needs. Give us a call toda at 303-726-1874 to learn more.